Band Booster Officers for 2016 / 2017
Band Booster President
Nancy is starting her 13th year as a parent of a Murphysboro School District band member. Her youngest son, Matthew, is a Junior at Murphysboro High School and this is his fifth year performing as a percussionist with Crimson Express. Her oldest son, Joel, is a former percussionist with the band. Nancy has been a former board member of both MMS and MHS booster organizations.Phone: 618.713.8184
Band Booster Vice-President
Band Booster SecretaryPhone: 618-924-0331
Band Booster Treasurer
Crimson Express Executive Board
The Crimson Express Executive Board endevors to keep band related activities running smoothly. Executive Board members are chosen to represent most areas in the band. The President presides over the Board and the Secretary documents activities for future reference. The Board meets as needed to address budget and funding decisions as well as to review and update the Crimson Express operating papers. Members serving on the 2016 - 2017 Executive Board of Crimson Express and Company are:Peggy Reiman
Lisa Monte, 618-924-6977
- September 2016 Meeting Minutes
- August 2016 Meeting Minutes
- March 2016 Meeting Minutes
- February 2016 Meeting Minutes
- January 2016 Meeting Minutes
- November 2015 Meeting Minutes
- October 2015 Meeting Minutes
- September 2015 Meeting Minutes
- August 2015 Meeting Minutes
- May 2015 Meeting Minutes
- April 2015 Meeting Minutes
- March 2015 Meeting Minutes
- February 2015 Meeting Minutes
- January 2015 Meeting Minutes
- October 2014 Meeting Minutes
- September 2014 Meeting Minutes
- August 2014 Meeting Minutes
Crimson Express and Company - History and Goals
History: The Crimson Express and its parent booster organization, Crimson Express & Company, were formed in 1990, bringing with it a new emphasis on marching band competition. Through dedicated efforts over the ensuing years, the Crimson Express & Company have supported the Crimson Express by raising money to purchase necessary equipment and to provide opportunities for students to participate in a year-round program. The Crimson Express is now recognized as one of the most outstanding marching bands of its size in the Midwest, and has represented the community of Murphysboro in competitions and parades as far away as Calgary, Canada, and Walt Disneyworld in Florida. Crimson Express & Company annually provide the necessary volunteer manpower to host Drums at Appletime Marching Band Competition during the Murphysboro Apple Festival, a competition that grows larger each year. Additionally, they have raised sufficient funds to provide an annual Crimson Express Summer Tour, a competition season that no other area high school marching band provides its students.
Purpose: The purpose of the Crimson Express & Company is to support the Murphysboro High School band program in all of its many facets and to enhance the quality and quantity of educational opportunities available to Murphysboro high school students by providing a vehicle for parent communication, volunteer recruitment, and fundraising.
- To promote opportunities for student participation regardless of family income, specifically recognizing that the cost of instruments and lessons can be significant.
- To promote positive, enriching, year-round, quality music education and to enhance the mental, moral, social and physical development of students.
- To promote appreciation of music and the arts, and to encourage life-long habits for utilizing music as recreation.
- To promote interpersonal development, self-discipline, teamwork, responsibility and leadership in all participating students.